Good morning patrons!
Hope you have a fun filled Wednesday. The show this morning went down some awkward roads today, but we hit on the big stories for sure.
Here were my general observations about yesterday's World Cup performance and the game (match) from the USA.
-I got as angry with "my" team as I do in any other sport. Hey, USA...how about we give Tim Howard some help instead of letting Belgium kick balls at him all day long?
-Tim Howard is a treasure. I'm no expert but he was damn good. Lots of balls coming at him, saved most of them. Set the record with 16 saves in a game at the world cup.
- While that was a lot of saves, it really shows how there aren't that many chances to score in soccer. Not a lot of chances, not a lot of goals, and the action mainly USA playing defense. That kinda sucked.
- Still hate clocks counting up and extra time and chances without any real recognition of how much time is left. Jurgen Klinsmann begging for more time was so annoying...dude, you had two and a half hours to make your team play with additional urgency, they didn't.
- The free kick design was pretty slick.
- Still not a huge fan of soccer, but I enjoyed the drama yesterday.
- #RallyPounding nearly worked.
We also talk Jason Kidd, including with voice of the Bucks Ted Davis, very intrigued to that press conference today.
So we have you covered on the basics, but we also give you:
-Hot dog talk
-Andy Baggot with another soccer announcer impression
-Pot w/French Fries
-Poor joke execution
-Hating on Chris Broussard
-All Star Game Ballot stuffing...
It's all here baby!! Enjoy it!... Final Four below includes the Fart and Booger videos....
1.) JASON KIDD INTRO. PRESSER AT 11:30 ON THEBIG1070 OR THEBIG920...LISTEN LIVE!!
2.) VIDEO ALERT #1 - MAN FILMS BRAZILIAN SOCCER STARS GIRLFRIEND REACTION VIDEO TO HIS FART.
I admit, I still laugh at comedy intended for the lowest common denominator. Who does this? And why haven't we seen more of this? I'll remember the last World Cup for vuvuzelas, I'll remember this one for the "crop-dusting of a soccer star's girlfriend"
VIDEO ALERT #2: COACH WIPES BOOGER ON RONALDO.
We thought it was the Portugal Coach, but I guess it was the German Coach congratulating Ronaldo on his success, by wiping a booger on him. Danke.
#3) UFC 167: MACHIDA VS WEIDMAN PREVIEW
#4) TODAY'S BEST BETS:
BREWERS V. BLUE JAYS 11:30